Canada, by necessity, facilitates one of the most liberal trading environments in the world. Although an ardent supporter of the World Trade Organization (WTO), since the Doha Round of negotiations at the WTO faltered, Canada has pursued an ambitious strategy to expand its network of bilateral and regional trade agreements. Thus, Canada offers an ever-expanding positive trading environment, presenting market access and other trade liberalizing opportunities that can be leveraged.
More in this section:
- Implementation of Canada’s international obligations
- The World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Mega-Regional Trade Agreements
- Bilateral and regional trade agreements
- Foreign investment protection and promotion agreements